If you become ill

There are different ways to find the right help if you become ill or hurt.

If you need healthcare in the day time you should contact the health center at which you are listed.

Find your health center on 1177.se/varmland.

Call 112 for urgent care

If you or somebody else become seriously ill or hurt and are in need of an ambulance you should call 112.

Get advice from a nurse

You can call Sjukvårdsrådgivningen at any time and get medical advice from a nurse over the phone. The phonenumber is 1177.

If you get ill in the evening or during the weekend you can get an appointment with the nearest doctor on call.

  • If you need medical advice for children up to twelve years old, press 1.
  • If you need medical advice for children older than twelve years old or adults, press 2.

To get an appointment with your doctor

If you need to take a test or see a doctor you should get in contact with the health center where you are listed. Find your health center on 1177.se/varmland

See a specialist

If you already have a referral to a specialist doctor and are receiving treatment at a clinic, you will find the contact information in the A to Ö- list which is placed at the bottom of the web site. There is also contact information on the web site of 1177.se/varmland.